Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CHANGES....and an Iced Coffee Recipe!

Pin It
Hey everyone....
So, you might be wonderful, "Where's the O so wonderful, always motivating, encouraging, and pushing me along Weight-loss Wednesday post??!!?" Well the Natural-Nesters have decided to make some CHANGES. 

That right we used that word :-) and for all of you who don't like changes, just know that this does not mean that Weight-loss Wednesday is gone forever! and this does not mean that we are giving up on our personal challenges of changing our life, our health, and our weight.  Both Big Sister and I are still working hard to eat well and work out daily to take care of our bodies and meet the goals that we have set for ourselves.  As a matter of fact, Big Sis just scheduled a plane to Florida in February 2013 to do the Disney World half marathon with her friends, so she will definitely be getting her butt in order! And as for me, Little Sis, I am continuing to work hard to stay fit and get my weight back to where I want it.  So we are not leaving you out to dry, healthy living and working out is a part of our lives, and since our blog is a place where we share our lives with you, we will definitely continue sharing fitness strategies and successes here on the blog, just not so frequently! 

Anyways, now that I have explained the CHANGES, I have something Wonderful  to share with you all! 
In the past I was never an iced coffee drinker, but I tried it a few months back and really enjoyed it.  I have a problem with drinking cold drinks fast though, so I feel like when I pay for it at a coffee shop I am wasting money because it is gone in a minute.  So...I have been wanting to make it myself, but every recipe that I look up seems SOOOO complicated....or at least too much work for me to actually want to do it.  You know, you have to seep the coffee grounds cold, for days, or something like that.  Anyways, I never wanted to put up the effort.  

Then I heard about an easier way. And I am here to share my secret with you.  Here's what I did: 
-I brewed a full pot of coffee----I just doubled the grounds that I would normally put in it
-Then I poured the freshly brewed coffee into a pitcher full of ice
(You see since it is double the strength of your normal coffee, it is okay that the ice melts and waters it down some)
-Then I poured me a glass! 
EASY!!!


And, to make it a little extra special, I added this wonderful Caramel Macchiato Creamer and a tad bit of sweetener to it! It absolutely tasted just like an iced Caramel Macchiato that I purchased yesterday morning! 
Then I just stuck the pitcher in the fridge to have more whenever I want it! I love this new found invention! I love having iced coffee at my dispense whenever I want it, and it was so easy! I'm craving some right now....

Let me know if you have tried any other recipes or add-ins that work well for you! I'd love to try other easy strategies in making it, or other yummy recipe flavors!! 

ENJOY! 
-Little Sis



Check out our Linky Parties page to see where all we are linking this up! 

Pin It